Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What's on Netflix tonight?

So I was relaxing around 9:00 last night after a long day of work and ministry.  I had just passed off my two month old to his mother and was downing some great lasagna when I thought to check twitter and read these words from @nationsbeglad "Pause your Netflix and watch this! When an unreached people group hears the story line of the gospel for the first time."  Then there was a link to a video.  This Tweet got my attention since I was getting ready to fire up some Netflix.

So I took the counsel to watch the video instead of the planned entertainment.  What I found impacted me to the core.  It was a twenty five minute video that was old and outdated and powerful!  It told the story of missionaries taking the gospel to Papua New Guinea.

After the video, and after I dried my eyes and regained my manly composure I saw that there was a follow up video.  I watched it as well  and was again reduced and humbled.  Let me encourage you to take the time to watch this video and look past the "cheesy old movie" qualities.  May it light a fire in your heart.

here is the link:
http://vimeo.com/9329683

2 comments: