Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Fire Lit.

I begin today to write because I can't be silent any longer. I am amazed by men and women who claim the name of Jesus Christ but refuse to acknowledge Him as he claims to be. In the past week I have spoken with those who say they are Christian who deny the existence of hell, the reliability of the Bible, the Deity of Jesus Christ, the life of infants should be protected, the sinfulness of homosexuality, or God ordained roles for the sexes.

Even as I write to engage in this war of ideas I acknowledge that the battle lines are not so easily identified. I want to begin humbly acknowledging as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wisely pointed out "the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being."

My desire is to come, through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and see this battle won for righteousness in my own heart and in yours. God bless you and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment